Hall of Table Hockey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hall of Table Hockey Forum

Your home to talk about our hobby

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) Empty Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) October 14th 2019, 10:29 am

nmns26

This is my last acquisition and I hope that I will spend many hours playing with my son who has so far only 5 years.
It is an INOR Olimpic Hockey, game made by a Spanish company, copy of Chexx. To reduce costs, Inor manufactured its own cabinet, base and electronic board and ordered players, rods, bearings and other parts at Ice. They assembled everything to make a bubble hockey that was found in Spain or south of France in some pubs.
What is a bit odd is that the game is between Spain (yes, you read correctly!) and the USA. The audio ads are also in Spanish! I drove 8 hours to get this game. It was an opportunity not to be missed for me. All the electronics were in working order but all inside the cabinet was very damaged.
I started by ordering players, bearings, rods and some other pieces at Ice to redo a functional game.
I completely disassembled the cabinet, sanded, repainted.
Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) Circui10

I took the opportunity to change the magnetic sensors because some were broken.
Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) Img_1810

I have everything back with the new parts, it works great!

Then I cleaned the dome which was generally in good condition. After that, I fixed the scoreboard. All disassembled too and changed some parts. But above all, the beginning of the customization : I want to do Canada vs CCCP, first game of the 1972 Summit Series! So I made new Plexiglas backboards.
Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) Img_2421

At this moment, I renovate the base and its interior. All disassembled, cleaned, sanded and repainted. Here is the result with the stickers.
Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) Img_2422

I will change speakers and continue customization by painting players.
My ultimate goal is to remove these Spanish ads and replace with hymns and other ads in English, but I do not know how to do that (Any ideas? Maybe with a raspberry pi...)
I will put you photos regularly...

2Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) Empty Re: Inor Olimpic Hockey (Spanish Chexx) March 8th 2020, 3:48 pm

nmns26

Hi all!

Here is the next step of my project: I have already put it back in perfect working order and I have customized the base and the display board (you can see the current result above)
I still have to paint the players (that, I know how to do it) and I have to change the sounds that are in Spanish. So I'm going to add a raspberry pi, recover some electrical signals in the pi that will play the appropriate sounds at the desired time.
Could someone tell me the full list of Super Chexx sounds. On the INOR, here are the ones I have:

-Music ON
-Coin-operated "ding"
-First period
-continuous crowd noise
-second period
-third period
-BOO button (2 different sounds)
-shoot on goal
-Goals (2 different sounds)
-Music end of regular time
-Music + overtime announcement
-Winning team announcement at the end of the game